Get value from Select Item action within UiPath process

Hi! Is there a way to have UiPath read the value of the Select Item action/activity when it runs? I have a process that selects a denial reason. This reason may change based on the denial request from within the organization. What I’d like to do is prompt myself or anyone else that may run the process with the current value of the Select Item activity. Maybe have UiPath read the value of the Select Item and place the value in a variable, which prompts the user.

…or…

Would there be a way to prompt the user to change the value of the Select Item activity at the beginning. Then, based on this response, the Select Item activity in the For Each Cell of the datatable will change. Thank you in advance!

Hi @SynergiBot

I wonder if the Get Text activity not work for getting current value from the select element?

Maybe Get Attribute Activity can help you to get the UI element’s text attribute

Hi! Thanks for the suggestion, but that activity seems to only work with programs outside of UiPath. I need to obtain the current value of the actual Select Item activity within the UiPath process. It may not be possible.

Hi! Thanks for the suggestion, but that activity seems to only work with programs outside of UiPath. I need to obtain the current value of the actual Select Item activity within the UiPath process. It may not be possible.Thanks again!