Get the latest created folder's creation date from a directory

Hello!

I have a directory, and would like to get the latest created folder’s creation date from that directory. Can you help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

P1

2 Likes

please try this:

DirectoryInfo latestfolder = new DirectoryInfo(path).GetDirectories("*",SearchOption.AllDirectories).OrderByDescending(function(d) d.CreationTime).First();

it will return the latest created folder(last modified) directory.
and let me know :slight_smile:

and to get folder name and with date of creation see the attached sample.

Reference: latestdirdate.xaml (5.2 KB)

5 Likes

Thank you, works perfectly! :slight_smile:

P1

One more question, how is it possible to get the latest created folder instead of last modified? Last modified works as well, but my process would be more stable if i could implement that instead of the modification time.

Thanks!

my bad, ty!

Yes please check.the updated post and example.

1 Like

Hey guys, thanks for that trail, it has been super helpful! However I have a weird problem, if I use what is in the automation above, I get a message with a string containing the file name, however if I want to use file.Name as attachment in an outlook message if sometimes works and somethimes throws an error:

"Main has thrown an exception

Source: Send Outlook Mail Message

Message: Cannot find this file. Verify the path and file name are correct.

Exception Type: FileNotFoundException

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Cannot find this file. Verify the path and file name are correct.
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.SendMailActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)"

I don’t know why and how to fix this :frowning: Can you help, please?