Get text from an website and write it into an excel

How can I read a specific text from an website and write it inot an excel in column B for example. Please give me an example. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi
To get the text from a website we can either use GET TEXT or SCREEN SCRAPPING METHOD from Design tab and store that in a string variable named strinput
–now use this variable as input to WRITE CELL activity with sheetname and range as “B2” \if we know the exact cell position

Cheers @Ionut_Frincu

you can use Get text activity and in order get in loop of different text you have too change/modify selectors

What if I need to put this into an for each loop and the value of the text will modify, do I need to use a certain selector, or? :slight_smile:

yes, you need to give wildcard in aaname that’s it

if we are going to get multiple text then we need to use WILDCARD symbols like * in the selector which will help us to get the value at different instances or we can use SCREEN SCRAPPING method as well with GET OCR TEXT, and store in a string variable named str_input

and while getting such values and if we want to a datatable of a excel been read with read range
then INSIDE THE loop
we can use ADD DATAROW activity where in the datatable mention as dt and in the ArrayRow property mention as {dt.Rows(counter).ItemArray, str_input.ToString} if its inside the FOR EACH loop where row index can be passed as a counter of type int32 with default value as 0 defined in the variable panel

Cheers @Ionut_Frincu