Get started with StudioX - Sign an Email With Your Unicorn Name

I was confused about how to add ‘Signed’ until I realized that the word “Signed” is text that is included in the body of the email. It isn’t auto generated, it is a manually added. To add it,

1. I first added the excel value using: +, [indicate in Excel].
  2. I next chose: +, [Text]
    This shows a field with the Excel formula in it. I moved my cursor to the beginning of the Excel formula and inserted the word: ‘Signed’.
    Basically the email body of the text is static, containing one word, ‘Signed’ which is followed by an Excel formula, which UIPath calculates when it runs.

I thought this was a great process for users to begin learning how to automate processes. This will hopefully lead to more advanced users and automations. I am excited to see were the Rabbit Hole goes.

I think so far the program is very user friendly - however, the training could be polished. For example:

"To achieve this you will need: a Send Outlook Email action in which details such as the recipient’s email address, Subject, the email message must be entered, as well as your Unicorn Name Excel location!:

I think this sentence could be clearer:

"“To achieve this you will need: a Send Outlook Email action, filled in with the recipient’s email address (as text), the Subject line (as text), the email body (as text), and your Unicorn Name’s location in Excel (inserted into the email body).”

It would also be useful to have a video of this process.

The training mentions a “Use Outlook account” resource, but there is no such resource in StudioX - there are “Use Outlook 365” and “Use Desktop Outlook App” resources.

The training mentions a “Send Outlook Email” action, but there is no such resource in StudioX - it’s called “Send Email”.

I think there should also be a warning, recommending that the user send the email to themselves first, to avoid sending unicorn names to the company’s customers, etc.

I was unable to make the process run until I realized there was a simple error: I placed “Use Desktop Outlook app” resource outside “Use Excel File”

Reading again the briefing I understood what it is meant by “If the Browser and Outlook resources were not nested inside the “Use Excel File” resource, then we would not have been able to pass the values between the actions.”

Then it worked!

However my organization has an ‘Information Protection System’ for which we have to label every e-mail before is sent: Public, Internal Use only, Confidential, Highly Confidential. Because of that reason the process will only work if the e-mail is saved as draft. Is there a way to assign a standard label (e.g. all e-mails to be labeled as ‘Confidential’) ?

This is easy to use and will greatly help automate some repetitive tasks at my workplace.

A lesson on using a browser based email would be helpful. We use GMAIL instead of OUTLOOK.

It’s so easy to use once you get the hang of it

I can see some really good uses for the skills practiced in this lesson. Let the automations begin! :wink:

StudioX is easy and intuitive to use. I see many opportunities to automate process including reports, emails, and other repetitive tasks.

It is the first time when I start to learn RPA, and I am stuck, I can’t make to send the e-mail of the exercise, and when i download solution, is not working properly, the document has some unresolved activities and I do not see all the steps to see where I made the wrong step

I am also facing the same issue

Sure it’s easy to use - but having trouble with the project. I’ll keep at i.

Sending email done very exciting project :grinning:

I find it very easy to use, I would use this application in many tasks and taking into account what I have done so far it seems useful for any task, especially because it is very easy to use with programs from the entire office package and browsers

En general es facil de utilizar, sin embargo seria mas conveniente si colocan un video.

I could not add the oultook plug in

Hi Emilia,
This is just a hunch I have as to where the problem might be that got you stuck when you tried running the downloaded solution. This is what I think:

Maybe your default download folder is ‘downloads’ as most of us have where the solution zip file got downloaded. So the excel file ‘Unicorn Name.xlsx’ is in the downloads folder. But when designing the automation the developer has saved the file in the ‘My documents’ folder which is the path specified in the Main.xaml file under the ‘use excel file’ resource.
So try running the program after saving the excel file in ‘my documents’.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Super fácil y sencillo

I am enjoying the training thus far. However, I am struggling with the Excel AddIn permissions and have to fix it every time I try to run the script.

This is a nice introduction to StudioX. I like the pace of the training.