Get OutputData from Queue Item

Up! :+1:

1 Like

GetQueueItems will return an object that expose the Output property.

Hi @badita, the GetQueueItems referring to Orchestrator API or Activity in studio?

It is an activity in Studio. It returns a collection of queue items, however the Output property is not exposed.

Ya, Queue items in the studio cant access those Output property currently :tired_face:

1 Like

Hey @quihan and @badita, can we update the value in any queue item present in the orchestrator? Is there any activity?

1 Like

Has this feature been implemented? I cannot find the returnable object for the Output. I am able to access the SpecificContent, but am unable to find the feature to access the Output Data Object.

3 Likes

Hi @JMP, the current limitation is that we can’t access the output data directly from Queue item variable. The workaround will be by using Orchestrator API to get your queue items and access the output data.

https://orchestrator.uipath.com/v2018.2/reference#retrieving-specific-transactions

Cheers. Hope this helps.:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for this. The documentation is slightly vague and I haven’t delved into Orchestrator API yet. Is there a way to get a specific item from a queue based on the Reference and the Queue Name? If so, what would that API request look like?

1 Like

Hi @JMP, I agree with that. You could do it by using filter. Try looking at the OData Documentation to understand more about filters

http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.0/errata03/os/complete/part1-protocol/odata-v4.0-errata03-os-part1-protocol-complete.html#_Toc453752283

Based on your case, you could use filter like QueueDefinationId eq ‘{ID}’ and Reference eq ‘{Ref}’ *Replace {ID} with your desired Queue ID and Ref with your content.

In calling Get Queue Items API, you can’t use Queue names directly as a filter instead you have to use Queue ID. In order to get the Queue ID, you have to use Get Queue Definitions API.

https://platform.uipath.com/swagger/ui/index#!/QueueDefinitions/QueueDefinitions_GetQueueDefinitions

Cheers. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It will be out in 18.3. So very soon.
Otherwise, yes, odata can be used?

2 Likes

Good to know :slight_smile: Cheers @badita

• Our “Dipatcher/Worker” robots set a flag in “OutputData” with “SetTransactionStatus” activity Output. We are implementing a Statistics robot, which gets the all the elements from a queue and writes statistics based on that flag. It would be so nice to get OutputData in the GetQueueItems ouput as well.

Hi,

so what is your current approach to access the OutputData of a QueueItem?

hi @skrug,

If you are using UiPath studio that is later or 18.3, you could get the OutputData from a QueueItem by using QueueItem.output(“{field defined}”) .

Cheers,
Qui

7 Likes

Hi quihan,

great, thx a lot! That was very helpful!

No worries! Glad that’s helpful :slight_smile:

Happy automating.

Cheers,
Q

Hi @quihan,

Could you give us more details about it? For instance, in which activity we can use your expression?

1 Like

Thanks a lot. It is very useful

Hi @quihan , tried below thing but getting obejct ref null error, i can see queueitem output=null, though i can see output in orchestrator has value