Get Outlook Mail Messages: attachments not found

Hi!

Basically, when the robot gets emails using the outlook activity, all works fine except that it doesn’t find any attachments (when in fact there are).

Screenshots:

Email:

imagen

UiPath project:

imagen

Log of the project:

imagen

Project mail dependency version:

imagen

UiPath Edition/Version:

imagen
Regards

Hi
Welcome to uipath community
Is the type argument of for each loop is set to System.Net.Mail.MailMessage

And check once like if we have enabled onlyunreadmessage property and if so we need the above mail to be in unread state

Cheers @goncxjo

Thanks, @Palaniyappan

Indeed, the type is selected as System.Net.Mail.MailMessage:

imagen

And the option OnlyUnreadMessages is enabled:

imagen

But all remains the same :frowning:

Regards

1 Like

if you use save attachments activity, does it really dont find the file? maybe this is just the property problem…

If possible. Can I see the expression used for filter property
Cheers @goncxjo

Hi!

I have severaly used the Save Attachments activity and it doesn’t save anything…

Regards,

ok, have you tried with different type of attachments or just the text file? did you try also without your filter?

@Palaniyappan no problem:

“@SQL= urn:schemas:httpmail:hasattachment=true”

I thing it’s the same as “[HasAttachment]=True”

Regards,

1 Like

@bcorrea

I have tested with “.txt”, “.pdf” (that I really need), “.xlsx” and “.jpeg” formats and nothing!

1 Like

It may sound silly
Is there any other mail with subject
…,:thinking:
I wonder why it didn’t
Did we try with Exchange activity that can configure outlook
Cheers @goncxjo

@Palaniyappan

I tried with at least 3 different emails:

imagen

In the other hand, I tried to get mails with the Exchange activities, but I had authorization problems to connect with my office 365 account (because that includes credentials sharing in the company’s login page first).

But I want to add a little detail: I remember that about 3 months ago I had the capability to save attachments! But I can’t in this month… :sleepy:

Regards,

Fine remove that filter and let’s check with other mails as well and also put the TOP property with value more than 1

Cheers @goncxjo

@Palaniyappan

There you go:

And the result…

All of the unreaded mails have attachments

Do you use outlook 2016? when it worked before was it also 2016? Can you see some of your company IT personal if they are blocking this by any chance?

Hmm
Not sure but do we have any policies that blocks as per this thread

Cheers @goncxjo

I think that in the middle, the company migrated to Office 365 :thinking:

@goncxjo - I have faced multiple issue due to Office 365 migration.
There are two ways to resolve this.

1. Using Azure(Baiscally need to give the application id) You will find details in here.
    https://docs.uipath.com/integrations/docs/microsoft-office-365-scope

2. This might be easy. Just authenticate exchange to use O365. IT can do that Just tell them to add relay on the particular email account.

Hope it will help you

Thanks!!
Anmol

1 Like

@Palaniyappan
@bcorrea
@anmolk171

I recently made a test: I just installed a trial of UiPath Enterprise Edition and the robot started to detect the attachments.

In Fact, the problem was by the company policy.

Thanks to all of you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.