Get Outlook mail from folder outside Inbox

Hi,

I have a problem trying to obtain mails from a public folder like Favorites. I have tried getting then by using the GetOutlookMailMessages activity but to no avail. I can get my mails from Inbox just fine by using the path in mailFolder option: “Mailbox - name\Inbox”, but when i try obtaining the mails from my Favorites folder using “Public folders - name@domain.com\Favorites\Folder” it gives the following error: Get outlook mail messages : The specified folder does not exist. Does anyone have an idea how to do this?

Thank you.

Hi @Sabin,

I tried this with folders outside from inbox and it is working fine. Just specify the folder name in MailFolder option in properties of Get outlook mail message.

I can access any folder from my Mailbox, but from any folder in the Public Folders(Cartelle pubbliche) i cannot. It gives the error i already described.
outlook 2

In the “Get Outlook Mail Messages” activity, just specify the Account EMAIL ID used for that Inbox (we have had to face cases where the bot had to access a shared INBOX). Just type the Email ID in the “Account” field in Properties tab for the activity.

Then you can specify the Folder you need to retrieve the mails from. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi,
Sorry to jump in on this thread, I’ve come across the same issue, in the account field is the correct Account (my email) and I can read emails from “Inbox” but not any other folder.

“message”: “Get Outlook Mail Messages: The specified folder does not exist”,

Thanks,

Hi,

I’m also facing the same issue, unable to get mail from other public folders.

Regards,
Tharma KS

Using Get outlook mail message activity
Account will be “Public Folders - imran.khan@XXXX.XXX”, which is your username with public folders and a hypen in the front
MailFOlder will be “All Public Folders\Test Folder1”, which is the location of the folder.

I used the following path to the folder: “Input\Test”
Everything worked perfectly in Get Exchange Mail Messages

After I read a note on that the folder name are case-sensitive, I got a bit further. Using the C# (instead of VB) route I struggled with deep path’s like “UIPath\Temp” until I tried “UIPath\\Temp”. That helped.