Get Name of Dynamically Generated Text Box

I’m trying to fill out only some of these boxes:

Since the IDs are dynamically generated when the page gets loaded, I was advised to go by the name attribute of these boxes or create a selector referring to the label of the box.

How do I get the name of the box? This is what I see when I inspect element.

1 Like

can you check the selector properties by uipath?

Hi @an.nguyen
Have you tried using "Get Attribute Activity and based on aaname property you can choose it

Thanks
Ashwin S

Sure
yah ofcourse
use get attribute activity
where the attribute named aaname will give us the name of the boxes we need

Cheers @an.nguyen

Hi @an.nguyen - Check for “aaname” value in your entire selector.

Regards,
AK

I’ve read up on how to use Get Attribute but am still confused on how to find aaname property. Do you have an example?

Check this out in UiExplorer.

Regards,
AK

1 Like

Ok, I understand that now! After getting the aaname property, what are my next steps? The end goal is for the BOT to use a Type Into activity. I’m not sure how the Get Attribute activity is supposed to be used.

Check the aaname for each text box based upon the aaname use TypeInto activity selector along with aaname. Hence the BOT will type the text in the respective text box

Thanks,
AK

1 Like

Almost got it. Here’s a section of a workflow I’m working on.

I check the aaname property, and it gives me what I need. For the Type Into activity, how would I go about ensuring it goes into the box that I want. I’m confused on the selector part.

1 Like

I added a workflow at the bottom. Do you know how to help?

1 Like

in if condition mention like this
result.ToString.Contains(“JUL-19”)

is there any other issue we were facing with that
actually it looks good

Cheers @an.nguyen

Oh wait, how would I make a loop that checks every box until it finds the one that contains JUL-19? I had it only checking one and the ID value changed when I refresh.

do we have a id attribute in the selector
if so we can add a counter variable of type int32 and mention that in the selector
id = ’ " + counter.ToString() + " ’
where keep this inside the while loop and mention the condition like
counter < thenumberof boxes youhave
where counter is a variable of type int32 with default value of 0

Cheers @an.nguyen