[Get IMAP Mail message] couldn't access to Gmail

皆様
いつもお世話になっております。ジャンです。

今回の問題はGet IMAP Mail messageでgmailにアクセスできません。
Get IMAP Mail Messages: Invalid credentials (Failure) というエラーが発生しました。
詳細の設定を添付写真をご参照ください。
何をどうすればいいのでしょうかを教えていただきたくよう宜しくお願い致します。

Hello @TienGiang

Hope the credentials provided are valid and you are able to login into Gmail with it.

Please check the below video.

Thanks

Check this solution for getting the application password for your Gmail account: Send SMTP Mail Message, Message: 534: 5.7.9 Application-specific password required - #2 by marian.platonov

thanks for your comment. i saw, but no error in your video.

Hi @marian.platonov
the error i met is : “Invalid credentials (Failure)”, not “Application-specific password required”.

it is new gmail account. Because of 2-step verification is disabale, no need to use google app password ( i think so)

I tried following Mr.raja.arslankhan’s comment, but it havenot solved yet.
https://forum.uipath.com/t/get-imap-mail-messagess/476329

Here are the IMAP settings you need to set up Gmail: Here Are the IMAP Settings You Need to Set Up Gmail

Make sure that Two-Factor Authentication (2-Step Verification) is enabled for your Gmail account.

Access for that https://myaccount.google.com/security

Then create a specific Computer Password that you will use in your SMTP Password from no one in the Mail Tab and Studio activities.

1. Navigate to  https://security.google.com/settings/security/apppasswords .
2. Sign in using the e-mail address which is to send mail messages from Orchestrator.
3. From the Select App drop-down list, select Mail.
4. From the Select Device drop-down list, select Windows Computer.

5. Click Generate. The Generated App Password window containing an app password is 
       displayed.

6. Copy the generated app password to the Clipboard. This is your STMP/IMAP Password to use in the Mail tab.

Example of setup in UiPath Studio:

3 Likes

@marian.platonov thanks for your comment.

Please refer below link:

i wrote that:
" Generate and use a Google app password (Optional)" and
“This only works if you have 2-step verification enabled for your email account.”

, therefore i thought that, in case of 2-step verification OFF, no need to create a specific Computer Password. is it wrong? i am looking forward to your comments

I tested internally the information that I already posted in the above post and it is working. If your setup is not working, then, please take a look again at my post and do the same.

Let us know if that worked for you.

@marian.platonov

it is running. thank your suggestion.

@marian.platonov
I have a question.
Everytime I run process, I need generate new pw again. How can I automatic that work?

You shouldn’t generate a new password. The old password should work. Double-check the settings.

Check if on the IMAP Gmail account you receive a security alert and you didn’t acknowledge it in advance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.