Resolution when it is not possible to retrieve Asset from Thycotic Server.
For Automation Cloud,
- Make sure the Thycotic Credential Store is added. Tenant--->Credential Stores
- Select the default store for Robots and Assets.
Issue Description: While accessing Get Credential on Studio, "Get Credential Failed to read XXXX from Credential Store type Thycotic Secret Server Error code 2304 Asset name: XXXX" is thrown.
Resolution: Steps to follow,
How to make sure that user configured in the access rule has access to read the secret
- Check if a rule is configured in Client Onboarding (example below: Orchestrator-Test client having Orchestrator-Test user account)
- Check if the secret is shared with the actual user account. Also, if a robot1-secret is present inside RobotCredentials folder.
- Check if the folder / folder inheritance permissions does not block the user account reading the secret. It will work ( configure it based on your security policies):
It will not work if Secret Permissions is set to NONE or if the user account permission is missing at folder level:
Note: Double-check with your security department what’s the best policy to be applied for sharing Thycotic credentials. The above-mentioned scenario is just an example.