I am trying to login walmart using API. While using get browser data activity i get this error. When i do it on local machine it works… but when running in server it gives this error. Any idea what causes this issue ? And how can i replicate on my local machine ?
There will be some reasons
1.Ensure that the user running the UiPath process on the server has the necessary permissions to access the internet and interact with web browsers. Sometimes, server users have limited permissions.
2.Some APIs enforce limits on requests. Ensure that the server isn’t making too many requests too quickly, which could lead to API errors. You can throttle requests for testing purposes.
Yes it has access to do all that as other processes run on same machine and they work fine.
I do get Http request error code: 404 whenever i send request. To resolve this i have used do while. It retries until it gets 200. While running i got error 404 for 10mins. And bot kept retrying. Do you think that maybe the root cause ?
For that the bot kept retrying until 200 so may be i think .
Can you check the URL you are using in your HTTP request is correct and corresponds to the endpoint you want to access. It’s possible that there is a typo or an issue with the URL.
And also check API endpoint you are trying to access is available or not . The 404 error suggests that the resource are trying to reach may not exist on the server
This issue could happen possibly because of these reason
- The browser extension that UiPath uses to access browser data does not have the cookies permission enabled.
- The browser extension is not installed on the server.
- The browser extension is not compatible with the version of the browser that is running on the server.
Try with these troubleshooting steps and let us know for further clarification
- Try running the workflow as an administrator.
- Try restarting the server.
- Try using a different browser.
- Try clearing the browser’s cache and cookies.
- Try disabling any browser extensions that are not essential.
- Install the UiPath browser extension on the server.
- Make sure that the UiPath browser extension is compatible with the version of the browser that is running on the server.
Thanks for the reply, can u please share more light on how we can do this" * The browser extension that UiPath uses to access browser data does not have the cookies permission enabled."
The browser extension that UiPath uses to access browser data does not have the cookies permission enabled means that the UiPath extension does not have the ability to read and write cookies to the browser. This can prevent UiPath from automating tasks that require cookies, such as logging in to websites or submitting forms.
On that perspective in specific check with these points
- Make sure that the user has granted the UiPath extension permission to access cookies.
- Make sure that the user has not revoked the permission.
- Check the user’s browser settings to make sure that extensions are allowed to access cookies.
- Make sure that the UiPath extension is not being blocked by a firewall or antivirus program.
Hope this helps @aunekhan
How do i check if the user has granted the UiPath extension permission to access cookies ?
I was able to figure out the issue.
The server was using old UiPath Web Extension version 9.xx.xxx version which was released in 2018. I upgraded the web extension to 2021.1 and the issue was resolved.
Anyone facing error should upgrade their web extension.
For reference: UiPath Web Automation 22.10 - Microsoft Edge Addons
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.