I spent about 30 minutes to figure out what might be causing my UI automation to fail. It has been traced to the following in the development process:
- Add a new Get Asset activity , and configure it to fetch an asset value
- Run the automation and prove that the asset value has been indeed retrieved as expected
- Next Copy-Paste the working Get Asset activity & update it to fetch another Asset value
- In this case both Asset types are of type Int32 & they are in the same Orchestrator folder
- Run the automation, it executes & completes but the second Get Asset activity consistently returns ZERO!
If the Get Asset activity is copy-pasted and repurposed, it fails to work with no error
Delete the copy-pasted activity and create a new Get Asset step by dragging an Asset from the Activities Panel
Why is this a Bug?
- It malfunctions without throwing any errors making the issue very hard to troubleshoot - no one would expect that a simple copy-paste action is the cause of this defect!
- We have copy-pasted Get Asset activities in older versions of Studio supporting .net4, and there were no problems
Current Package Stack: