Get a second active window on a desktop application

Hello everyone,

My app take 50 seconds to open, when, it opens it appears an other little window .
I want to click on a botton on this little window.
I tried to use many activities such as “Get Active Window” and “find element” but it doesn’t work.
I used the"On Element Appear" activity and i get this error.
Could you please help me.
PS: I’m trying to automate a desktop app.

xyz2

@enchirah_maatki Can you show us the Selector of the Little Window in UiExplorer? Also the Selector of the other Active Windows?

@enchirah_maatki

now with this info some more insights are given to us.
Opening the application and taking X/50 Seconds to load can let fail to Bot in subsequents steps as the default timeouts are reached. In such scenario the Bot is to synchronized with the application.

Such a synchronizing can be done with

• retry scope activity
  • a custom implementation in combination of
    • For each (Enumerable.Range(1, NoOfRetries).toList
    • element exists, or find children, … a part that is looking for the loaded application
  • an evaluation if the app is loaded and stopping the loop
  • a delay to pause the iteration
  • optional exception throwing in case of maximum of retries is reached

the difference of retry scope and the custom implementation is:

• retry scope can only use some specific activites for the condition check, but is doing a lot out of the box
  • the custom implementation gives you more control on handle the synchronization step
2 Likes

Thank you guys the problem is solved.

Perfect. can you please close the topic with marking the solving post as solution. Others will benefit from it:

Also I did find following topics created by you:

it looks to me as forks from the same motivation about starting the application. If I got it right so I would suggest to link to the solution post and close the topics as well.

Thanks