German Number Format to write in CSV File

Dear all,
I try to write a CSV file with strings and numbers. For the numbers it is absolutely necessary that it is the german number format without thousand separator (e.g. 1500,25). All format options I tried don’t work. How can I convert this into the right format.
Also I need to save it as ANSI encoding. I didn’t find what I need to enter in the encoding.

Thanks, Volker

@Volker_Hofheinz1
CSV is string based. Modifying the encoding will change on how the strings are represented in bits & bytes. But it will not change the format styles.

Doing this we do get control with the locals / formatting infos. Find a demo case here:

grafik

so in general a conversion could be executed over ther CSV data and modifying it.

For the numbers it is absolutely necessary that it is the german number format without thousand separator (e.g. 1500,25).

can be understood that currently the values are e.g in this format: 1.500,25 but is needed in the format: 1500,25

so we can do:

• reading the values with parsing to double and reformat it as show cased above
  • correcting it on string base with the help of regex

@ppr
Thanks for fast reply. Number format I used the “Format Value” Activity, with this it’s working. I found it very late.
Problem is the encoding. We need a special encoding (ANSI) to load the data in a customer portal. If this is not this encoding the upload fails.
Thanks, Volker

@Volker_Hofheinz1
had you checked?:
grafik

grafik

@ppr
Yes, it’s empty. I tried also UTF-8 and ascii. Both won’t work.
Volker

ASCI is maybe to general can you check an encoding like Windows-1252, ISO 8859-15
check out the list of encodings in the link below

Yes, encoding seems to work, but I have another problem. Write CSV writes with quotes for String data. But I need the data without quotes. And if I write to txt file I can’t write semicolon as separator. But I need semicolon. And I can’t eliminate the comma with semicolon, becaue I have number format with comma. I attach an example file written by UiPath.
Thanks for help. Excel PT131.txt (101.4 KB) Volker

@Volker_Hofheinz1

lets find out the issues by reviewing the entire scenario.

A flow like this:
grafik

with the write csv config of:
grafik

(Kindly note: the docu link from Above mentions: Windows-1252 (Uppercase W). But only with Lowercase W the encoding is right applied

produced from:
grafik

following output:
grafik

So for text no surrounding “” was created. The delimiter was set to semicolon

Now lets have a look on your input data. May we ask you to

• share some sample rows with us
  • provide us some details to your implemented flow

Thanks