FTP Upload doesn't work

Hi everyone,

i´m trying upload files to a repository in ftp, test connection is ok. I set the path local for upload files and path of remote connection but when i run proccess UiRobot stop work. What can be the issue?

Thanks a lot.

Hello!

I tested the activity here using the paths patterns shown in the image, and it works fine.
You might want to check the FTP write permissions for that user and whether the remote folder exists.

If you managed to solve it, please post your solution so it can help others.

Mateus_Cruz help me …
The upload FTP is not giving error, I execute but nothing happens.
Can you help me?

Are you able to successfully test the connection?

What values are you using for remote and local paths?

Hi Mateus

A few things to check:
-When you click on the “Test Connection” button in the Upload/Download activity, does it say “Connection is OK”?
-Are the filenames correct? There will be no error if the file isn’t found.
-Do the remote/local folders exist? The folders won’t be automatically created if it doesn’t exist.
-I don’t think the remote path you used is accepted by the activity. Try something like “.\RXTX\in\TESTE2911-v2.txt”. (About FTP paths)

Thank you Mateus.

A few things to check:
-When you click on the “Test Connection” button in the Upload/Download activity, does it say “Connection is OK”? OK
-Are the filenames correct? There will be no error if the file isn’t found. OK
-Do the remote/local folders exist? The folders won’t be automatically created if it doesn’t exist. OK
-I don’t think the remote path you used is accepted by the activity. Try something like “.\RXTX\in\TESTE2911-v2.txt”. (About FTP paths)

NOW ERROR IS APPEARING

Since the error appeared when you changed the path, I’d say the problem is with the path itself.

Try to access these files using a FTP client (like FFFTP or something similar), then check the correct path using this client and then use that path in the activity.

@cluengo Were you able to solve the problem? I am facing really similar issues.

What are the issues @Ongun? Do you get the same error?

The problem resolved itself and I did not find the culprit behind it. I had to use the absolute paths for local files (i.e. “C:\Users\ongun.arisev\Desktop\Autoruns.zip”) and relative paths for the remote directory (i.e. “upload”) . Furthermore, I noticed that if a directory is specified the last directory separator must be omitted, otherwise it does not work as expected. I do not think it is possible to rename files on the go, is it?

However, the variables that should hold the name of the download and uploaded files are still empty.

Guys, please try our new ftp package on the community feed.

3 Likes

Relative path for the remote folder help me to manage downloading the folder. However the downloaded file output still empty and i can’t download a given file, only a directory and all the files inside.

And relative path isn’t something that i can go live with it, a user home changement and the robot is down…

Did someone find a workaround at this issue?