Foundation Training Recorder Notepad Example Fails

Hi guys,

I’ve been browsing the forum for similar issues and lots of people seem to have the same problem, but I can’t find a solution anywhere. I’m in lesson 4 of the Foundation training level 1, trying to do the recorder example: Type into notepad, change the font. That’s all. That’s all there is.
Yet it doesn’t work.
When I click on “Format”, I get the “Do you want to use an Anchor?” pop-up.

grafik

Which option I choose doesn’t matter as the following process works with neither. I can click through the whole thing, change the font, click OK, press escape on my keyboard and save&exit. When I then try to run the workflow, it works until clicking “Format”, after that just nothing happens. A short while later I get this error:

recorder has thrown an exception

Source: Attach Window ’ Menu’

Message: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:

Exception Type: SelectorNotFoundException

UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.FindFirst(UiFindScope scope, String nodeID)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.FindFirst(FindScope scope, Selector selector)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Happens every time.

I’m really frustrated and would love some advice on how to fix this - I’m trying to get through the training, but it’s not going to help if there are bugs that are going to mess up my “real” work later.

Thanks in advance!

Hello @BintaS,
Could you please show me what selector you’re using?

After clicking format, you have to put a attach window activity and indicate the new drop down that occurs! and inside that place the ‘click’ for the “Font” option,
then again put a attach window activity and indicate the new font window that opens up!

If you have done these please upload the xaml file so that i can test it.

Regards.

1 Like

Though I am facing the same issue, But I dont understand why Attach window activity is needed while we are using recorder?
Recorder does not go beyond the Format and never selects the Font" drop down, please help.