Forum redesign: Categories and tags - please throw your feedback at us

This is a great thought. Please remember that myself , @Jan_Brian_Despi @lakshman are here anytime to support on your initiatives… so we could join hands with you guys when required… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@loginerror I noticed users are able to mark their own posts as solutions which seems abit counter intuitive? Not sure what your or others view on this one is.

2 Likes

I don’t think that there is anything inherently wrong with this if their reply contains the solution to the OP; however, I have seen people mark there reply that might imply some sort of “Resolved” or “Thank you” as the solution rather than the post that actually provides the solution.

3 Likes

Maybe a differentiation between OP solution and other user solution? I agree with people simply marking their own “Resolved” or “Thank You” post.

I also see many posts that have solutions which are not marked as so, I know it is down to the user and am not sure what the best way to notify the OP to do so.

Could send them a friendly PM, asking them to mark the correct solution as such. Those high jacked threads would be a nuisance, but if they were marked with a solution would probably help limit those too.

It doesn’t help the identify the correct solution explicitly, but if the community votes with their likes/hearts, you can use the “Summarize this topic” button which will highlight the top replies, so long as the solution is getting some love, that should filter out some white noise.

3 Likes