Forum announcement!

:loudspeaker: Hello Community!

As you all know, our products constantly change to make them more useful and to fill out every space that can be addressed. Who would we be if we would not follow the same rules for our UiPath Forum? With all the feedback from you, we decided that this is the right momentā€¦

For what? - you may ask.

Well, we would like to present you the new UiPath Forum themes!

How do I switch the the new theme?

You can switch between old and new view of your selected theme via the buttons in the Forum header:
image image

You may also like to test other color schemes (the Dark theme if you were using Light one and vice versa). You can now select any available theme from the Forum Burger Menu: image

Please keep in mind that to make the change permanent for all your browsers, you will want to switch your theme in your user Preferences ā†’ Interface settings and check the ā€œMake this the default theme on all my devicesā€ box:

We would love to hear what you think :speaking_head:

Please let us know what you think about our new Forum look. Should we change something or maybe you just like it as it is? Any feedback is much appreciated.

New themes will soon become the default ones

We will give ourselves some time to fix all the bugs, but generally we are planning to make the new design a default theme by the end of this month :slight_smile:

We are always happy to have such great people and community here!

Thank you very much!
@Forum_Staff

52 Likes

@Forum_Staff

Nice theme

Thanks

9 Likes

Every developer works more effectively at night. Good feature. Thanks you :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hi @Pablito,

It is so nice and excellent. I like this very much.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

7 Likes

Thatā€™s a great effort to update design, make it easier for users.

Is any chance to keep old favicon? I am guided in your services by favicons.

When I saw blue favicon, I know that it is a UiPath Forum. There was a differentiation in other services. In defense of blue favicon: blue color means trust, communication or information.

And now there is an UiPath website, UiPath Marketplace and UiPath Academy.

I know that it is not a big deal, but big is made up of small)

7 Likes

Awesome :+1:

3 Likes

Looks great.

3 Likes

Switched to the New Dark*. Iā€™m keeping it!

3 Likes

UI Improved!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Pablito,

The theme looks great ! A much needed refreshā€¦

Regards,
Nithin

3 Likes

Hey Pablito,

the new themes look very nice. I just had one thing to change in the new Dark.

the second picture is the old dark and there is everything dark!
In the first picture it is a white stripe in the header i think that would be nice if this will also dark.

I hope its a good advice.
Thanks

10 Likes

Iā€™ve been browsing a while in the Discourse mobile app and the new dark mode looks awesome! :tada:

5 Likes

they should add a little robo guy on top of the logo doing different things. Same style as the badge covering our picture on the forums.

7 Likes

This is awesome :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you for the update :heart: .

Just one observation I would like to shareā€¦

I am logged in to forum using 3 devices - Mobile and 2 Laptopā€™s.

I had opted the dark theme before this updateā€¦ The update had reset themes in all the three devices ā€¦

I update the theme in one device , the changes are not reflecting in all 3 device. I had to switch the theme to dark in all devices.

What I believe is that theme settings would be at a profile level so it would have reflect.

This was just an observation , The update is awesome :+1: ā€¦ May be we can have an option to select the color in the theme ā€¦ If that is not too much to askā€¦

Thank you once again :blush:

4 Likes

Hi @mukeshkala

I think this is because we have removed the previous versions of the new design. We used to have Light, Dark and then Light new and Dark new, but these were our early attempts and it was quicker to remove them and replace them with the new versions of our new themes.

For your issue, I think you simply have to go to user preferences ā†’ interface and set your desired theme for your account. Donā€™t forget to check the box for the theme to apply to all devices (see the post above).

Otherwise, the switches on the header and in the burger menu work locally per browser.

This should fix the issue :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We agree for this point :slight_smile:
I set fav icon for blue.

We need to discuss it internally. But overall we wanted to keep at least top (head) part of site with same look to have consistent user experience and navigation which will be aligned with out main uipath.com website.

Weā€™re trying to make forum as best as it can be. But some things canā€™t be included because of implementation difficulties (partially closed code). Another thing is fact that such things would make forum less responsive and would provide longer loading times which we would like to keep as low as possible :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi @Pablito

Nice one

Regards

Nived N

3 Likes

Yes that resolves the purpose - I was so blind to miss that checkbox.

Anyway , Thank you for your response

4 Likes