Force browser pages to load before getting text

Hello!

I have a problem with my automation.

I have programmed an automation that automatically opens a list of browser pages, fetches 2 pieces of data and then mails a spreadsheet to my email address after filling in the data. However, when I run my automation and the window is minimized in the background, it won’t actually load the pages correctly and goes to the next link in the ForEach-activity instead of waiting or giving me an error message.

I tried using a delay and the “Maximize window”-activity to force the pages to load but it doesn’t work. I tried this on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. I’ve searched some other forum posts about this topic but none have solutions that worked for me.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

EDIT: My workflow:

1 Like

Hey @AL1

You can use Check App State activity to check if the page load is expected by using any reliable element on the screen. Based on the result you can decide with the actions on one side to get text or on the other side to log an error.

Hope this helps

Thanks
#nK

Hi,

I think information for price etc will be loaded when widget which include it is drawn.
The following is screenshot of developer tool of Edge. From this, api.boerse-frankfurt.de/v1/data/price_information is called for the first time when restore window size from minimized window.

So, basically we need to show the window to get this value, i think.

Regards,

Hi @AL1 ,

Use conditional delay like element exist and use unique Ui element in the web page to make sure that you are on correct page and it waits for the time you mentioned to load the web page properly.

As mentioned by @Nithinkrishna you could use check app state activity if you are using modern design experience. thanks

1 Like

Hey @Nithinkrishna

I tried this, but all it does is give me error messages over and over, but I already knew it’s not working. :sweat_smile:

I need an activity that actively forces pages to load somehow. I tried using Maximize Window within Check App State but that still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Hey @kirankumar.mahanthi1

Been there, done that. It seems this isn’t an issue of loading speed, but just that a minimized window will not finish loading at all. I need an activity that opens the page so that my PC starts to load it, but Maximize Window doesn’t work for some reason.

Hey @Yoichi

Thanks for the tip! After trying the other solutions here, I also think that loading the page is linked to having it opened, not to my internet speed. But for some reason, Maximize Window doesn’t work for me. Are there other solutions that we can use to show the window by force?

Hey @AL1

If you want to load pages may be you can use refresh activity.

But I’m not sure of your expectations on how make a force load of a page if it’s unable to ?

Kindly explain.

Thanks
#nK

Hi @AL1 ,

Not sure if i understood your statement correctly. if you want to open the page and bring to foreground so that your PC will start loading it. in this case you could go for activate activity and select the particular window you want to bring it to foreground. please review the below documentation from uipath. thanks.

1 Like

Hey @Nithinkrishna

The problem is not that the pages are unable to load, the problem is that they only load whenever I maximize the window myself. They do not load in the background or when they’re minimized.

I want the windows to load correctly even if they’re minimized, or at least find a way to maximize them so they load properly. Otherwise the Unattended RPA doesn’t work.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Okay @AL1

Clear, then try using Activate

Before proceeding to actual activities please ?

Thanks
#nK