Flow question

Hi,

I need a suggestion on steps 4 and 5 below:

1. Open web page.
  2. Navigate to specific page.
  3. Do search for something. This gives many rows of results.
  4. Look for rows with specific data which can be zero or many rows.
  5. Click on each row of the results and do some processing in the newly opened page.
    ==

Question 1:
When step 4 has many rows that are needed, when I click on one row and reach step 5, I have navigated away from the page with specific needed data rows. What is the best approach to navigate to step 4 and remember the unclicked rows there to continue clicking until all the rows are done with processing.

Question 2: Can I put this process in REFramework? How?

Thank you so much,

Hi you can follow this steps hope it will help for you

Question 1: To address the issue of navigating away from the page with specific data rows when clicking on one row, you can implement a loop within step 4 to iterate through each row and perform the necessary actions on each row. Here’s a high-level approach:

1. Open web page.
  2. Navigate to the specific page.
  3. Do a search for something. This gives many rows of results.
  4. Use a loop (e.g., For Each or While) to iterate through each row in the results.
  5. Inside the loop: a. Click on the current row. b. Do some processing on the newly opened page. c. Use a “Go Back” or similar action to return to the previous page with search results.
  6. Repeat steps 4-5 until all rows are processed.

This way, you’ll stay on the page with the search results and continue clicking on each row until all rows are processed

@A_Learner

Question 2:
Yes, you can put this process in the UiPath REFramework to make it more robust and maintainable. Here’s a simplified outline of how you can structure it within REFramework:

1.Initialization (Init State):

Open web page.
Navigate to the specific page.
Set up any necessary variables.

2.Get Transaction Data (GetTransactionData State):

Implement the logic to retrieve the search results or a list of items to process (e.g., rows).

1. Process Transaction (ProcessTransaction State):
  • Within this state, you’ll use a loop (e.g., For Each) to iterate through the list of items obtained in the previous state.
  • Click on the current item (row).
  • Do some processing on the newly opened page.
  • Use a “Go Back” or similar action to return to the previous page with search results.
  1. End Process (EndProcess State):
  • Perform any necessary cleanup or closing actions.

@A_Learner

1 Like

Thank you @Praveen_Mudhiraj. Appreciate your answers.

Question1 Explanation:
Loop through all of the rows. - How do I know all of the rows. The search gives some rows. In those rows, I have to look for a column with specific content (target rows). How many target rows are there? How do I loop until all target rows are done?

1. Go back to the page with search results? How? When I click on target row and do processing, that is some more pages navigation. How to get back to the “Search results” page.

Question1 Explanation:
Loop through all of the rows. - How do I know all of the rows. The search gives some rows. In those rows, I have to look for a column with specific content (target rows). How many target rows are there? How do I loop until all target rows are done?

for suppose you have 1 column in that 10 rows and you need to enter all the rows so do process right where ever you need to type those 10 rows you Navigate to page and you can use like this Currentrow(“YourColumnName”),tostring

1. Go back to the page with search results? How? When I click on target row and do processing, that is some more pages navigation. How to get back to the “Search results” page.

when you click on the target row it will open the new page so you can perform the operation what you want and if you use the go back it will come back to previous page again and you can target the row and do process it will repeat until the rows are empty and it will finish the process

@A_Learner

Thank you, @Praveen_Mudhiraj

1 Like

Cheer’s…!
@A_Learner

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.