Fix to the issue of opening projects / creating new projects / missing Studio settings

Fix to the issue of opening projects / creating new projects / missing Studio settings

Some of you might have been impacted by the latest Studio 20.10 auto upgrade which was announced here: UiPath Community 20.10 Stable Release - Studio

If you encountered the issue like below:

• error when opening your project
  • error when creating new projects
  • issue with your Studio settings missing

Please follow these steps to fix the issue:

1. Close your Studio

2. Navigate to this location:

%localappdata%\UiPath\app-20.10.0\Profiles

Depending on the channel, either Stable or Preview, the path might be this one:

%localappdata%\UiPath\app-20.10.0-beta1145\Profiles

3. Now, open the .json file of your current Studio profile (typically Studio Pro) with a Notepad and edit this line like so:

Thus, set the EnableObjectBrowser as true.

4. Open Studio and try to open one of your projects.

If it didn’t work just yet, see below for two extra steps:

1. If your project has the .objects folder, deleting it might help.

2. If your UiStudio.v2.settings file in this location %appdata%\Uipath contains this entry, make sure it is set to True:

This should fix both the opening of the project error as well as missing settings issue.
Naturally, we will shortly release a fix that will take care of it, but this should get things working in the meantime.

9 Likes

Hi team,
I am not able find this app folder “app-20.10.0” or “app-20.10.0-beta1145” in my PC.

Hi @Manvitha_Gottipati

This article is a bit older now, and I believe the location of the files changes.

However, there should be no reason to use this workaround anymore. The fix should be included in Studio since a long time ago.

Could you maybe share more details around your current issue?

A post was split to a new topic: The project could not be opened: Found invalid data while decoding