Find Specific location of an activity/command in your code based on Activity ID or errorinfo.activityinfo

I would like to be able to look up the specific location of an activity/command in your code based on Activity ID or errorinfo.activityinfo. This will be helpful for finding activities/commands that are named the same like “assign to” or “Log Message” (if the names have not been changed to something unique).

Right now i have exceptionActivityInfo being logged in the global handler; so when an error hits, the very first activity info should be where the error occured at (it will then continue to log activity info for activities outside the initial activity error location until it hits a try/catch).

The problem is i don’t know how to Quickly reference the id or instanceid back in studio to find where the error happened. I can eventually find it based on other exception info; but it would be nice just to use an ID to go directly to the location without having to rename every activity/command to something unique when you are building.

version 2019.10.4

Hi @Jvonarx

Speaking generally - the best practice is to rename all your activities in a way that will help you find them back upon crash.

I will add your idea to our internal tracker though :slight_smile: