Find/Search a text in web page and click on it

Hi All, @Pablo_Sanchez,

Using UiPath web recording I recorded a click action on “999_test” link on web page. When I rerun the recorded script it was working fine.

Now, I added activities like SendHotKeys, TypeInto to finding the required text on the web page. After finding the required text it should click on it. And I am passing the text as variable
(SCSearchWord(Name) — String(Type) — “999_test”).

Now When I am trying to click on the next link by passing the variable as (EnterText(Name) — String(Type) — “5354 - Test”). It is still clicking on 999-test link.

Please find the web page links screenshot below.
image

Workflow screenshot:

Can anyone help me on it.

1 Like

Hello,

It is still clicking on the 999_test because the click activity stored the Selector of the text link 999_test so make the Selector Dynamic so that it search the proper link before clicking on it.

It would be great if you share the link of website you working on so that i can suggest more on selectors, else you could figure out that by yourself.

Let me know if it helps,

Thanks,
Megharaj Yadravi

Hi @megharajky,

Sorry, I can’t share much with you as it’s company property.

Sure No Problem,

Just let me know if working with selectors helped, else you can work with Click Text activity too.

Thanks,
Megharaj Yadravi

The “id” is changing for every link. please find the screenshot below.


Selector Editor Screenshot

image

Hi,

Just remove the ID from attributes and validate.

Thanks,
Meg

If I remove ID its not working. please find screenshot below.

image

Workflow:

Even I tried with delay activity but I am getting only the below output. click action is not performed.

Output
image

I just build a similar workflow using facebook. please find the attached workflow and let me know how can I click Deutsch language or any other language using variable.

FacebookTest.xaml (8.1 KB)

@stevengoehler @ddpadil @Prabu_visu @Pablo_Sanchez @megharajky @ClaytonM

1 Like

Hello @Bhaskar_Mukka
I hope this solves the problem, I created a new variable called “selector” and assign the dynamic selector with the language searched and finally used this selector in the click activity, feel free to download the xaml file

FacebookTest_DynamicSelector.xaml (8.9 KB)

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @reda,

Thanks a lot, It worked :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad it did @Bhaskar_Mukka ,
Please mention it as solution so other people can find it easily :slight_smile:

Thank you @Bhaskar_Mukka, can you please mention my first answer as solution because it was the one with the actual right answer.

@Bhaskar_Mukka sorry friend, wasnt able to help

Bests,
Pablo

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.