Find License Key

Hi guys,

Is there a way of finding out the current license key associated with your installation of Studio? Device ID is in the Help section. The license file in %programdata% only has the long configuration key…

Any ideas?

Richard

3 Likes

Hi,

(assuming default install location)
Pre 2016.2:
Run “C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath Studio\UiPath\Activate.exe”

2016.2 onwards:
Run “C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath Studio\UiPath\Regutil.exe get-info”

PS. RegUtil can also be used for offline unregistering if needed (it has an ok help associated with it).

Regards,
Andrzej

6 Likes

Thanks Andrzej,

This has some other useful information as well such as the expiry date of the license.

C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath Studio\UiPath>regutil.exe get-info
License code: 3VS1BFG0UB6RA8BBBXXXXXX
License status: 1
Device id: jFuTW2+lkseeP3sXXXXX
License expire date: 16/04/2017 14:20:09
Maintenance expire date: 05/12/2017 06:00:00

Thanks,

Richard :smiley:

3 Likes

Hello Richard - thanks this was helpful right now. Quick question though. We have a number of machines here in the US and on one the license was expired when we tried to run today. We are sorting it out, but in the regutil file, the License expire date was shown as 12/10/2017 02:53:10 - which to us in the US means Dec 10 - and this made sense as it just failed — it was running fine on Friday, December 8.

On another machine - where we understood the license was valid through next July, 2018, the License expire date reads 01/07/2018 — which in US means January 7. From your screen shot above it definitely is in Euro format - April 16.

Will the data we see in this regutil file vary depending on who did the install and where it was done - in the Us versus remotely from Europe - have an impact on the date format?

Thanks!
Mare

Hi Mare!

Sorry for the slow response, unfortunately I don’t know the answer to this.

Looping in someone who may know. @Cosmin_Ion_Nicolae @aksh1yadav

RD

1 Like

Hello.

I think the date format returned should be dependent on the date format on the machine so installing remotely will not depend if the activation was done remotely. The expiration date is stored in an Universal Time Format.

Also if you have any issues with the licencing you can contact support:

They should be able to provide more information about individual licences.

Regards,
Cosmin

2 Likes

Blockquote C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath Studio\UiPath>regutil.exe get-info
License code: 3VS1BFG0UB6RA8BBBXXXXXX
License status: 1
Device id: jFuTW2+lkseeP3sXXXXX
License expire date: 16/04/2017 14:20:09
Maintenance expire date: 05/12/2017 06:00:100:

After we get this, I want to know is the license code same as license key.
While activating UiPath Studio, it ask for license key, so what needs to be entered in that??

I believe it is the same thing.

I tried Activate.exe on a pre 2016.2 a License window poped up instead of License information.
Could someone suggest me a way to find the License details on Pre 2016.2

Thanks
Raghu

Hi Raghuram,

Please contact support Contact Technical Support and specify your Device ID. They will help you further.

i am getting issue

See post directly above :point_up_2:

Try this Powershell Script

& cmd /c “C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiPath\regutil.exe” ‘get-info’

1 Like

It seems you have lost your licence key. You can get it through “KeyGetter” :slight_smile:

1 Like

hello there, try keygetter you will have your new license key there.

I recommend you to try keygetter its a very good site, you will find all program’s serial numbers

Hello again - I upgraded to 2018.2.4 and now I am trying to confirm my license key. It is no longer where it used to be. Within C:\Program Files (x86) I do not have a UiPath Studio folder - only one for UiPath and one for UiPath Platform. When I look in the UiPath Platform folder - it’s empty. HUH? Where is the regutil folder hiding now?

THANKS!!
Mare

Hello :slight_smile:

On Version 2018.x.x the regutil tool it’s on “C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiPath”

Regards,

3 Likes