Find CV Text: Response from server is not valid (good internet connection & no proxy)

Error received running FindCVText activity. Server is set to: “https://cv.uipath.com/

I have updated to latest Beta version of CV (1.0.0-beta.226532) and re-tried but still getting same error.

How do you troubleshoot “Response from server is not valid” error?

1 Like

@glenn.robinson,

Have you used this activity inside CV Screen Scope activity or not ?

Yes, the FindCVText activity is inside CV Screen Scope, and as an anchor to CVGetText activity -

I also notice that other CV activities in other CV Screen Scopes are working as expected.

I may be new to CV, but if the others are working, perhaps the target could be changed a bit?
It almost looks like the border of the purple background clips the text.
And did you say that other find texts were working, or just other CV activities? It might be that Find CV Text has bad default values.
And if all CV texts are failing, perhaps a decent workaround would be OCR methods instead, given those won’t involve a server to push/pull information with.
Hope some of this can help troubleshoot!

@glenn.robinson Have you since been able to use the CV activities? There’s a chance our server was down at this time. Please retry and let us know. Thanks!

Can u pls post a screenshot of the application or area you are tryin to automate?

Here is a screen shot of the application screen where one of the errors is being received:

The most recent error at this point \ screen occurred at 14:17 Central Daylight Time on 4/16/2019, the error:

errMsg1C190416
An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.ArgumentException: Response from server is not valid
at UiPath.CV.CVSessionData.d__53.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.CV.CVSessionData.d__52.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.CV.Services.FindService.d__8.MoveNext()
at System.Extensions.d__101.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.CV.Services.FindService.<FindAsync>d__4.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.CV.Activities.Services.RuntimeAnchorService.<FindAsync>d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.CV.Activities.FindCVElement.<ExecuteAsync>d__54.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at UiPath.Shared.Activities.AsyncTaskCodeActivityImplementation.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result) at UiPath.Shared.Activities.AsyncTaskCodeActivity1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Shared.Activities.ContinuableAsyncTaskCodeActivity1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result) at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity1.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

The activities in workflow getting error are within an anchor -

cvActivities1Error1C

cvActProp1aError1C
cvActProp1bError1C
cvActProp1cError1C

Tried again and is still an error.

Still an error and previous support case was closed, a new support request was opened today.

Update - I am running Studio 2018.4.3. I have uninstalled several packages
(usually in C:\Users<username>.nuget\packages)
and reinstall the most recent packages:

uipath.computervision.activities
uipath.uiautomation.activities
uipath.vision

Then getting a conflict conflict with 1: UiPath –
I updated that to version 19.4

I no longer get the “Response from server is not valid” error.

But I do get a new error message now:
System.ArgumentException: You are calling the Computer Vision server too often. [429]

Apparently there is some limit to the frequency of how often the Computer Vision server can be called and when the activity has a problem identifying the screen it make more calls to its server.

Re-selecting & assigning optimal anchors to each CV activity are helping this situation.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.