Filtering

Hi all,

I have an excel with 5 columns in one column I have key words like ‘SB’,‘CD’ I need to filter this and if these keywords are not present in that column I need to check in another column eg- if these keywords are not present in column 3 I should check in column 4. And if these keywords are not present in column 3 and 4 I need to check column 5 with keyword as true.

How do I do this. Please help me

Hii @hanviprebday ,
Can you share the sample input and the expected Output?

Regards,

@hanviprebday

You can use filter datatable as below

cheers

Can you do this in a multi-step approach?
For example, use the Filter activity to filter on column 3, then check the result. If there are 0 rows displayed then clear the filter and use the Filter activity on column 4. If there are again 0 rows then clear again the filter and filter on row 5, etc…
You can do this multi-step approach also by reading the full range as a datatable and then using LINQ to filter each time on the desired column.

@Anil_G why are you using remove I need to keep those

@hanviprebday

Then please use keep…as per initial post I felt you need to filter them means you wanted to remove

cheers

I have tried but when checking with column 5 I am not getting like when that keywords are not present in both column 3 and 4 it should check column 5 but I am not getting expected output

@hanviprebday

Can you please show what you tried and what youa re not getting and what is wrong

cheers