Filtering of dates in Excel

I need to filter a report at the end of every month but i only need the data from the start of the month to the end of the month. So could anyone guide me on the code to put into the advanced editor under the filter function?

Here is a scenario for better illustration:
On the 31st of July, I need to filter the report to only view the data from 1st to 31st July.

Subsequently, in the month end of 31st August, I need to filter the report to only view from 1st August to 31st August.

Hi @Reynard_Tan
Can you share a screenshot form the excel list (or a snipped from the list)?

Hello @MarioHerrmann, sure!

This is the sample excel list that I had created.

So, I would need UiPath to filter the column of ‘Hired Date’ to such that it only filters the data to only data within the current month.

To further elaborate, here is a scenario. Assuming today is the 30th of June 2021 and I would require UiPath to detect that this is the month of June and only filter data that is within the month of June (1st June to 30th June 2021).

(In excel, when doing manual filtering, it would look like this:)

So after filtering the sample data, it would look like this:

(Where it would only show the data within only 1st June to 30th June 2021)

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Looking forward to your help!

@Reynard_Tan - I guess we can achieve it…

It would be great…if you could share a sample data, so that we can try working on it…thanks…

Note: are you planning to do this in StudioX or Studio? because I see you posted under both these categories…

@prasath17 Sure. Here is the sample data.
RPA sample data and template(1).xlsx (9.4 KB)

I am planning to do it on StudioX. Apologies, I have already changed it.

1 Like

@Reynard_Tan - Here you go…

My Input sheet(Edited and Unfiltered)

1. Workflow…

2. Configure Filter Settings…

As per the above screenshot, you see I have used existing values(Last Month first day and Last day from Notebook)…see the Highlighted row here…

This is my Filtered result…

Now, to get current’s month first date and last date, I have added now rows in the sheet since the existing one is for current month’s business days only…You can use the notebook on your end to filter based on current month…

Project_Notebook.xlsx (40.1 KB)

Filtered for current month…

Hope this helps…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.