Filter wizard using special character

Hello, I’m trying to use ‘Filter Data Table’, for filtering, I’m using this as column name “Napé”, but I’m getting a error:

Message: the value for argument ‘Column Name’ is not set or is invalid.

Exception Type: System.ArgumentException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.ArgumentException: the value for argument ‘Column Name’ is not set or is invalid.

The column exist, but because of the special characters, its can’t find it, is there any work around?

1 Like

Buddy mention the column index buddy
Like this if your table is named out_dt with the column in second position…then like this
Out_dt.Columns(1)
Under under column in filter buddy…
Column index starts from 0 buddy
Kindly try this and let know whether this works or not buddy
Cheers @MaxyArthes

Did that work buddy @MaxyArthes

its does, but I want to go with the column name, not the column number, so that not exactly the solution expected.

Won’t note this as the solution as its work, but without being what is needed, thanks tho, that really apreciated! :slight_smile:

Alright if you want to enter that accent character to a normal character,and take that as a string you have to encode it… which takes more step than this…and i hope this would be feasible so par to that…
Cheers

Hi there…

I have created a filter data table small workflow which works perfectly with the “Napé” as column name. Check it out and get back if you have any more issues :slight_smile:

The file : Napé.xaml (9.1 KB)

Hope this helps

Regards :slight_smile:

PS : You have to use the column name in Quotes BTW