Filter Table in excel data tables

How to use filter table activity? please let me know the details on “Filter options” property.

Hi @ask_565, Please refer the below link.
https://www.uipath.com/kb-articles/how-to-filter-a-data-table.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

hi @ask_565

You can use Filter Table Activity Within Available->App Integration ->Excel->Table->filter table and on Tables within an Excel File you can use it.

By using This you can filter the table.

It will require three data from your side:

1. Sheet Name(on which sheet you wants to perform).
  2. Table Name(On which table you wants to use filter operation).
  3. Column Name( On which column basis you wants to perform the filter operation).

As you asked About its “Filter Operation” Properties so let me tell you by using this property you can Filter a particular column.

For example You have 3 columns name First Name, Last Name, Email having values in a table.
So if you wants to perform On First Name (You have already mentioned it in Filter Table activity) value like you wants to find abc name the pass it like this {“abc”}.

After this you will find that your excel file has been filtered with abc name. You can reset manually by click on that column filters again to see all values.

For further Understanding you can see this attached sample solution.
Filter Table.zip (9.2 KB)

Regards…!!

11 Likes

Thanks a lot for the solution! it helped me a lot to solve my problem. Can you please let me know how to filter more than one column(if we can do it in one Filter activity)?

Hi @ask_565

pleasure is all mine. I am always here to share my knowledge with everyone and also open to learn more things :slight_smile:

As you asked yes we can pass multiple columns like this in filter option eg. {“abc”,“test”}

But it is always considering the last column to filter. so i am still exploring it and soon i will let you know :slight_smile:

May be i think these person will help us to gain more knowledge on this.

@badita and @andrzej.kniola will you please guide on this to us?

It will be helpfull for all of us.

Thanks& Regards…!!

2 Likes

How to fillter excel column data like this in filter option >= 10000?

4 Likes

is there any other method to filter without using filter table and update the table

Hi @aksh1yadav ,
Very helpful filter table snippet.
I executed the filter table snippet that you have attached in UI path.
I noticed that the workbook file path is automatically entered in JSON file.
Can you please send me the init process for this, which automatically pulls the path for the workbook and enters it into the JSON file

How to filter multiple column under single Application scope ? and write it in separate excel sheet

Hi @blaze.1411,

I have verified the documentation . It doesn’t have multi column information. But I have tried with another way to use multi column filter. I don’t know this is the way for multi column or not. But it is working that to add another filter table activity.

Regards
Balamurugan

1 Like

Thank you !

1 Like

How can you write the filter data into new sheet ?

Hi @blaze.1411,
Check the “Use Filter property” in the read range.

Regards
Balamurugan

1 Like

Check existing thread : How to get the filtered excel output in a datatable? - #4 by aksh1yadav

Regards…!!
Aksh

Hi @aksh1yadav,
Yes. The sample is also having the same what I have mentioned above. But it is good.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

i used the vb.net code to filter multiple column from excel
ExactData.Select(“[Column Name] = ‘Value’ AND Column Name= ‘Value’”).CopyToDataTable under assign activity
.CopyToDataTable is to convert DataRow to DataTable

Hi @blaze.1411,
If you go with this option , you don’t want to use the filter table activity. It is good.

Regards
Balamurugan

yes ! instead of filter activty, i go with this !

1 Like

Hi,
I am having a excel with column containing random dates in the format “MM/dd/yyyy”. i want to count the number of days in the date column of previous month in uipath. Can You please help me in this?

1 Like

Hi @varun_A,
This is the solution

Dim dt1 As DateTime = DateTime.Now.AddMonths(-1) // it is assumption
Dim dt2 As DateTime = Convert.ToDateTime(excel date)
Dim ts As TimeSpan = dt2.Subtract(dt1)
ts.Days – this the result.

Regards
Balamurugan