Filter Queue by "GetQueueItems" and after set status to "Successfull"

Hi,
I need to take all the elements in the queue filtering it by “Reference” and then set the status to “successfull”.
I can filter using GetQueueItems, but the transaction is always new
My version is 2018.4.

Thanks

Hi @white72,

After Filtering the Queue Item ,You can Use the “Set Transaction Status” activity and to change the Status of that Queue item as “Successful” Set Transaction Status

Thanks

I tried it but the error is: “this queue item has not been processed yet…”

You can’t set a queue item to Successful or Failed until it is “InProgress”. You can delete it though.

There are a few other things you can do like use Get Transaction (this will select an item prioritizing by the Deadline), then you can look at the Reference and make a decision on that or one of the other attributes of the item. You can also use GetQueueItems and select the item based on the current Transaction item’s reference to get additional details like its DueDate and few other things.

I hope this info helps. But, yeah unfortunately, you can’t set the status of item that is not “InProgress”… atleast not yet. I might be wrong, but I think in newer versions, you can select the Transaction Item by the Reference, so you could try upgrading the System or UiAutomation activity pack.

Regards.

1 Like

I use GetQueueItems because i have to filter, but after how can i do to set the final staus?

I don’t want to use “Get Transaction item” because i have not the ability to filter with this activity.

Thanks

The point of the Queue is to pull in a single item and process it, then during that time, it will be set to Successful or Failed based on its performance.

If you are wanting to use the Queue differently, then the only way is to use Get Transaction Item, check that it matches your criteria, then either Postpone it (back to ‘New’) or Set it to Successful, Failed, or Deleted.

Do you have a specific goal in mind? I’m guessing you are trying to pull in the queue item that matches another value, then trying to execute the process on that item. I think you will need to start with Get Transaction Item, so it puts it in “InProgress” state, using my advice I gave on using Postpone or Set Transaction Status afterward.

Regards.

1 Like