Filter Data Table not giving accurate results

Hi
I have an issue in filtering data table where I am trying to filter data table in Excel.

1. I am trying to remove rows containing negative values and giving the condition as below, but after filtering it is not giving me result without negative values.
    [image]

2. I am trying to remove rows from a column if the cell values starts with “15” and gave the condition as below. Here as well, in the output, the result is not accurate and did not remove the required rows starting with “15”

[image]

Please see the reference data below.
[image]

The output data table contains negative values and contains rows starting with “15” as well.
Please let me know what I am doing wrong here because the filtering of data is not correct.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi @Heena_Saini

Can u send the screenshot of it ?

Nived N :robot:

[quote=“Heena_Saini, post:1, topic:259991”]

Attaching the Images , somehow didn’t got attach in first post

1. I am trying to remove rows containing negative values and giving the condition as below, but after filtering it is not giving me result without negative values.
    negative value
  2. I am trying to remove rows from a column if the cell values starts with “15” and gave the condition as below. Here as well, in the output, the result is not accurate and did not remove the required rows starting with “15”

starts with 15
Please see the reference data below.

MicrosoftTeams-image (5)

Let me know what I am doing wrong here.

Attached in the post. Thanks

use the column name or index without any other statement like
4 or “Columnname”

1 Like

Here, column is the only option.
column
I do use the same data table filter for some similar kind of operations, but it does not work here to remove negative values or values that start with “15”

please write only 4 or the column name surrounded with “” into the field

I have put just 4 or 1, but the output is same. Not able to filter negative values or remove rows that start with “15”

if the filter result differs from expected output then we can shift to datatable.Select Method or to a LINQ statement. But referencing the columnname different will not fix.

Maybe you can share some sample data with us and we help you to setup an alternate filtering approach

Hi @Heena_Saini

Try with assign activity
Datatable.select(“[Columnname]=‘15’”).CopytoDatatable())

Thanks
Ashwin.S

Please find the sample file and data attached.Test.xaml (9.5 KB) Sample_Test.xls (1.0 KB)

@Heena_Saini
Find starter help here, focussing only on the filtering
TestV2.xaml (12.0 KB)

feel free to play with column names and adding other test data for checking if the filtering is working as expected.

Sure, let me try this