Filter data table date = today

Hi All,

I am scraping data from a webpage, pic below ( I have removed names and ID for confidentiality)

the scrape created data table ‘rdnsBasicScrap’

all I would like to do is filter the dates to keep only today.
filter empty

setting the filter to the above, I am getting nothing in the output. When I disable the filter activity I get all the information I scraped.

Am I thinking to basic when trying to just filter to keep todays date or have I not set the filter correctly?

Hi @LB34

After scrapping the datatable from webtable, it may be scrapping date as text (almost all data are scrapped as text using datatscrapping )
so to avoid that do the below steps before using filter datatable activitiy

1. After scrapping the data from.web using datatscrapping , use excel application scope with write range inside it to write the extracted datatable.

2. Then after write range use read range activity to read the excel file and tick the preserve format option in the property panel of read range and finally use a varaible dt2 to store the output of read range activity.

3. After this use filter datatable activity with following parameters

Input Datatable : dt2
Output Datatable : dt2

Column : “Reffered Date”

Value : DateTime.ParseExact(DateTime.Now.ToString("dd MMM yyyy"), "dd MMM yyyy", System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture)

Try this way

Hope it helps

Regards

Nived N :robot:

Happy Automation :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

Hi @NIVED_NAMBIAR my date is d/M/yyyy e.g 7/2/2023. I tried to change the syntax to this format d/M/yyyy, it is not working.

Hi @Mark_Rajkumar

Does the input format is same as expected format ?

Hi @NIVED_NAMBIAR i am actually using this for my excel automation. In the excel the date input is =Today(). So i am trying to filter that out.