Filter data from excel - via row

Sample.xlsx (12.7 KB)

Hi All -

I want to remove unnecessary data in this excel file…

For example, I only want these values “Base Equity Price/Revenue:” , “TIC/Revenue Multiple for the Target in the Deal:”, “Enterprise Value/EBIT:”. The rest will be removed.

Sheet1 - ORIGINAL DATA
Sheet2 - Should be the result

Hi @prititit

Please find the attached xaml file with attached input and output excel & try out this
kindly mark as solution

Thanks,
Sample.xlsx (12.7 KB)
usecase2.xlsx (7.2 KB)
test5.xaml (10.8 KB)

1 Like

Hi @prititit

Please find the below solution for your requirement.

@Robinnavinraj_S - You are correct. I just added the filter as dynamic one by storing all filters in an array of string and loop it through

Code:

Code+Excel files.zip (16.7 KB)

Hope this will help you. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Jobin_Joy ,

I appreciate your effort, but this may increase the time complexity as your using two for each row. So, it’s suggested to develop a solution with a less time complexity.

Thanks

@Robinnavinraj_S

Thanks for the feedback.

We can make use of LINQ expression to filter the DT with multiple filter conditions. Need some R&D here.

But in this current case, if he has multiple filter condition to be apply on the excel file means, we can’t hardcode multiple if condition like If value=“a” or value=“b” or value=“c”.

When he want to add a new filter condition in future, he should touch the code again. It’s not modular.

Where as in my case, we can simply put the filter conditions in a config as a comma separator one and make use of it with out changing the code.

Thank you

1 Like

hello @Robinnavinraj_S

Just wanted to ask. I’m using reframework. And i don’t want to put it inside the for each row.

How do I call the row? Tried doing this. But its not working

I

Hi @prititit
add the records to the queue
and call the queue using Inconfig(“queue name”) in to this re framework process
check the condition in process transaction using Inconfig values

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.