Filter another activity in the loop

I wan to filter another column and carry on the same using for row. I have done the above. Can i do it inside the loop to filter another column?

Hi @Mark_Rajkumar

can you add the filter you want within the same filder datatable activity?

Hi @Mark_Rajkumar

To filter another column you can add that column in the Filterdatatable you used

Click on Config Filter and then click on add button and then add the other column there

use And (or) Or based on your requirement

Regards
Sudharsan

Hi @Sudharsan_Ka and @fernando_zuluaga , i have added an additional variable to read a specific column in the datatable if u look at the workflow. I want to add another column but its not performing the activities which it did earlier.

@Anil_G ur inputs

@Mark_Rajkumar In That assign Activity

newDT

dt.DefaultView.ToTable(true,"Column1","Column2")

After that inside for each try like this

Regards
Sudharsan

@Mark_Rajkumar

What do you mean by another filter?

Where you want to add and what is that you are trying to acheive…can you show some inputs and outputs

Or explain the process about what is done and what is to be included yet

Cheers

Hi @Sudharsan_Ka, by adding in the rest activities is not being achieved

@Anil_G

1. Read range the data into datatable and name is dt.
  2. Use save for later to create a variable called newdt where the value dt.DefaultView.ToTable(True,“Names”)
    3.For each row, use newdt as output,
    4.filter datatable inside for each row keeping column name and the operations value as currentrow(0).Tostring with output as filterdt
    5.write filterdt in new sheet.

This is the process. However in the new sheet I wan to do the same for another column. How do i achieve it? I tried in the loop the results are wrong.

@Mark_Rajkumar

So you want to take the unique again and then filter and then add it?

So you want to get unique bades on teo columsn at once ? If so then use dt.DefaultView.ToTable(True,“Names”,”column2”)

Or if you want to do this one after the other then repeat the zame steps agin with required columns

Cheers

@Anil_G i wan to put into 2 names in the column but how to achieve it? It is not going right

@Mark_Rajkumar

This is how you fo for two columns together

Cheers

@Anil_G i got that but with that how to filter the values?

Sharing Sample input and expected Output will be better ,Can you please share it?@Mark_Rajkumar

@Mark_Rajkumar

Like this

Cheers

You have already used a filter datatable inside for each @Mark_Rajkumar

You just need to add new condition in the filter wizard as i said earlier

Regards
Sudharsan

@Anil_G the filter values is the same as currentrow(0).ToString for both column? When i am doing this the filter is not being performed

@Sudharsan_Ka i have done the same but it is skipping steps by not performing any activities

@Mark_Rajkumar

Now you have two columns…first column will have 0 index second will have 1 index so use currentrow(1).Tostring for second column

Cheers

If it skips the whole for each row activity you need to check whether the datatable is returning any values or not @Mark_Rajkumar