I am using send mail activity from Microsoft Office 365 v1.11.1 package for sending the emails from my process. Some times few emails are stuck in the draft folder and process will behave as normal flow. I have tested the email with same body, attachment and recipients with the same flow to confirm any of the three have any issue but it worked.
There is no special timing for the occurrence of the issue. Any help on this would be grateful.
Try upgrading to 1.16.1 or 1.14.1 and check …
If you are working on windows (Non-Legacy) try 0ffice 365 v2.0.0 preview. It is working fine.
@Anil_G I thought the same but it requires studio 21.10 or higher but we are using Studio 2020.10.9 Enterprise version.
@sunilch My process is in production hence preview packages won’t be allowed.
I am thinking about, Is there any option in Office 365 to adjust?
As a work around place it in retry scope and in condition check if the item is present in sent items or not by doing a get mail activity
My process is sending almost 2k emails in a run. Adding that logic will affect the speed of the process. Do anyone knows the root cause of the issue?
It is only one more api request that you are doing…to get the exact subject mail which you sent…ideally there are no delays so it ahpuld not affect a lot on the time
Now I am looking into the root cause. I am using the same email account for the process in 2 jobs. Is this will be the cause of the issue?
That should not be an issue…as we use same account across processes and never faced any issue like this
Okay, we have also using the same account over multiple processes but this process (intended to send emails to 2-3k partners) will continuously send emails in 2 separate jobs simultaneously mean while others will only send email at the end of the process(Summary email) and exception emails if any.
One thing we observed is that send email is failing or for that matter any office 365 activity if used continuously is failing and with a retry scope around it we are able to make it work…But we never saw some issue that it is left in sent items…
And when we used retry scope the increase in time is also very less and yes we have few bots which send around 350+ emails in one run but not 2-3K though but even in that bot only with retry scope aroung the send mail activity we were able to negate the effect