Fetching SSN and Phone Number from list of Text Files

Hello All,
I have requirement to fetch filenames from list of file (.txt files) where SSN or Phone number is coming. The SSN could be in specific format like 111-11-1111 or could be simply numbers like 111111111. If there is any Regex expression which can be used here or any other way of achieving it.
Thanks,

@Ashish_Bansal

Can you share few screenshots how this SSN and Phone Number look like in your input?

Thanks

There is no specific pattern in my Organization. Its just simply any 9 letter number like 111111111 or 111-11-1111. For phone number either 0124-111111111 or 0124111111111. Its a universal pattern used everywhere.

grafik

Thanks. But just to add in the requirement. I am interested in checking if the number contain at least 5 integers. Eg. if it is 1111 or 111 or 1 then its a fail case or else if 11111 (anything greater than 5 integers) then its a pass case.

Hello @Ashish_Bansal

You can use matches activity and put the expression as below to fetch all the matching values

[\d-]{5,}. it will fetch only characters above 5

Maybe a two step check will work (just avoiding the exception that [\d-]{5,} will match 1111- wrongly)

First step:
grafik

Second Step: Check the digits count

Combined:

Regex.Matches(strText, strPattern).Cast(Of Match).where(Function (m) Regex.Matches(m.Value, "\d").count > 5).toArray

@Ashish_Bansal You can use below exp to check there are 5 int or no

Varibel of type boolean Output = System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.IsMatch(Input, "\d{5}")

Input is the variable contains the SSN or Phone No

Exp returns true or false. If it true that means there are 5 int in the Input else not. Based on this you can perform the actions

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.