Features in Orchestrator: More types of assets, Access control, Log control

First off, you can now follow the more official training, along with practice assignments and demo Orchestrator access, at the Academy:

If you are using the (non-Community) trial version, you should also be able to connect your robot to the demo and try out the remote command options.

Yes.

I don’t know. I am not one of the developers, so if you have specific ideas you could try asking them in the #ideas category. Also, note that the Text, Int and Bool assets are only stored as such by Orchestrator; they all translate into a GenericValue when retrieved in a workflow, while a Credential results in String (username) and SecureString (password) variables.

You can only currently store UiPath’s .NET types by including them in the ItemInformation property of a QueueItem when submitting it to a queue. The robot that later processes this item can read them back for use in the workflow it’s executing.

Yes, provided the robot’s logging level is set appropriately. By default I think a robot will log messages of the lnformation level and above.

Yes, you can create custom roles for users with asset creation permissions. User passwords cannot be read from the Orchestrator, but not theoretically by no one at all, because the Type Secure Text activity can technically be used to write into any text area.

1 Like