Feature to define which machine Start Process on in UiPath Apps

Hello!

It would be very beneficial to add a feature to UiPath Apps for Start Process rule so that it would be possible to choose which machine the Job should start running on. Sometimes it happens that VMs differ from each other or there are dedicated machines for some processes and we would like to choose the VM which should be consumed.

Is it possible to add something like this?

Thank you!
Marta

1 Like

Hi @Marta

If I understand how Apps gets access to different processes, it looks like it was a design choice to let the Orchestrator machine-user mapping feature take over as far as deciding which process should run on which machine (rather than having everything done from Apps).

I’ll save your feedback for our team to consider though.

It would help if you could further explain the complexity of your configuration in more detail :slight_smile:

Hi @loginerror

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I agree with you that the Orchestrator machine-user mapping feature should deal with it.

However, in day-to-day work it happens for our clients that machines differ from each other and until we resolve that issue we need to specify which machine should be consumed (for example process X works ok on machine 1, but it throws errors on machine 2).
Other possible case that may occur: there are some processes that during peak time they have so many transactions to process that they need dedicated machines since we do not want other processes to interrupt them.

These are of course some specific cases, so the possibility to define which machine should be consumed should be only an option (choose machine or dynamic allocation).

Hi

That would be usefull indeed.
In our case, we have Folder and Sub Folders in Orchestrator organized by teams.

So in on Sub Folder, there can be multiple Processes and Machines. Some processes can run only on a specific machine (like some applications are installed only on one machine). Therefore it would be great to be able to chose on which machine the process starts. maybe even the user (but that can be configured directly in Orchestrator with machine-user mapping)

when I say Machine, it can be Machine template as well.

1 Like