Failsafe mechanisms for Orchestrator and Robots hosted on VM?

Hello all,

I had a couple questions regarding Orchestrator and Robots installed on VMs. For the scenario lets say I manage 3 bots on separate VMs via 1 Orchestrator on VM.

I would like to know:

1. In the case where the VM hosting Orchestrator requires an update and causes a VM restart, will Orchestrator come back online automatically or will manual intervention be needed to start Orchestrator?

2. In the case where one VM hosting Robot requires an update and causes a VM restart, will Robot come back online automatically and connect to Orchestrator, or will manual intervention be needed?

3. In the case where one VM hosting Robot loses power during the middle of job processing, will Robot come back online and pick up where it left off processing or will the Robot require a job restart?

Thank you!

Hi @sean.finn

1. In the case where the VM hosting Orchestrator requires an update and causes a VM restart, will Orchestrator come back online automatically or will manual intervention be needed to start Orchestrator?

UiPath Orchestrator is a web application hosted on IIS. As long as the IIS services are set to start automatically then Orchestrator should come back online automatically.

1. In the case where one VM hosting Robot requires an update and causes a VM restart, will Robotcome back online automatically and connect to Orchestrator, or will manual intervention be needed?

The UiPath Robot can be installed in Service Mode. This means that a Windows Service called “UiPath Robot” will be created and as long as this service is set to start automatically then the Robot will automatically start and connect to Orchestrator.

1. In the case where one VM hosting Robot loses power during the middle of job processing, will Robot come back online and pick up where it left off processing or will the Robot require a job restart?

In the situation described, the job will go into faulted state and the Robot will not continue where it left off prior to the power failure. The job will need to be restarted.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.