Facing issues while installing the community edition on my laptop

Every time I try to install the community version on my new HP zbook laptop, i got an object reference not set to an instance error.

Please help!!

@akash1262, Not sure why do u only want to. Install the community version only. There are stable ui path setup files which runs smoothly with no errors.
I have been using an old version of ui path and working on quite big projects but never really felt the need to install community version.
If there is no specific reason, then I would recommend u to just use a normal setup file and install it.
Regards,

Hey there,
Did you try to install 2018 edition ? please post your hardware and software configuration which will help QA team to assist better.

PS: Tagged to 18_1 thread.

Hey,

Thanks for ur quick response. Issue is with the .net framework installed on my laptop. I have 4.7.1 installed on my machine and it seems UI path is not compatible with 4.7.1. I have removed that version of .net framework and installed 4.6 and everything starts working smoothly.
There seems to be some issue with latest windows 7 update due to which some of the WPF applications are not working as expected. see below link:

Regards,
akash

2 Likes