Facing a slowness issue in Background execution

Hello,

I am facing a slowness issue in Background execution with the current version (Studio Pro 2020.10.2) of the Community edition.

Since last 4 months, I am working on this BOT. Initially, Bot speed was good in Background/Foreground execution but after an update to the latest version of UiPath, BOT taking uncertain amount of time in background execution, though speed is enough good in foreground execution.

Some other details:
-It’s Web automation project.
-I am using the SendWindowMessage property for click and type-Into activities.
-I’ve tried to use the SimulateType property but some button click activities are not working (Tried to use different elements for selector but no luck).

My observation for background automation.
-SendwindowMessage property: Accuracy is 100% but speed is very slow.
-SimulateType property: Less accurate compared to sendwindowMessage. Speed is good.

@tejalj.hipl

Welcome to community

Check below

As per the documentation, you can see that SendWindowMessages are slow with compare to Simulate Type / Click

Hope this clarifies your doubts

Thanks

@tejalj.hipl Can you please share the Selector for error throwing ui element’s activity.
Actually Simulate Type is the fastest way to type text, only disadvantage is we cannot use HotKey along with the text.

I am using click activity to click on the “Print Page” button of the website.

Below is the selector:-

BOT is clicking on the button but still, I am getting below exception for click activity
UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Click generic error. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Click generic error.
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.Click(Int32 dx, Int32 dy, UiClickType clickType, UiMouseButton mouseBtn, UiInputMethod inputMethod)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.ClickImpl(Int32 offsetX, Int32 offsetY, ClickType clickType, MouseButton mouseButton, InputMethod inputMethod, Position mousePlacement, Boolean areOffsetsNormalized)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)