Extraction from Pdf to excel

Hi,

How to extract the pdf file having multiple lines in single rows, tried using regex but not working. Sample file has been attached.

Regards,
Lakshmi

Hello,

Please check whether the below post will help you.

Hi @Rahul_Unnikrishnan,

Tried out this method but not working.
My pdf file has multiple pages each page has different column names and different type of data, need to extract the table data and store it into excel.

Thanks & Regards,
Lakshmi

Hello @lakshmi.mp ,

If possible plz share 2 sample pdf’s which you are using. Will try to find a solution.

pdf task 3 sheet.pdf (140.2 KB)
hi,

Sample file has been attached, please look on it.

Thanks,
Lakshmi

Hello,

Please use as below. Use Computer Vision Recorder and use Extract table. It works fine

Hi,

Computer vision working only for first sheet not working for remaining sheets.

Please check the selector in the CV extract Table. If something related to sepecific field is there you need to remove it.

Else plz share the project which you have created.

multiple sheets.zip (232.2 KB)

Hi,

Pdf to excel.xlsx (8.9 KB)

Files have been attached, please find attached.

TestPdf.zip (138.4 KB)
Hello,

Please find the attached Workflow. Plz try to execute this. It will read pdf pages and write to different sheets in the Excel. For doing some more formatting, you use Excel activities and modify the excel. PDF data is not there in a valid table format, so we cannot directly extract it as table.

Package missing and here i am using uipath studio

Hello,

Are you using the modern designer of the Uipath? Are you able to see “Use Excel File” activity?
I have added the screenshot in the last message. You can use that as a reference to create the flow. Else try to update the excel dependencies.

Hi,

I was using classic designer, I will try to do in modern method.

Thanks,
Lakshmi

Ok…Check and update here. The above flow should solve your requirement, but after writing to excel you need to do some cleaning in the excel like Delete rows and columns using automation.

Hi,

All data writing in single sheet, what changes i have to do. Please look in to attached screenshots.

Thanks,
Lakshmi

Check whether variable”i” is initialised. Go to variables set the default value for i as 1

Hope you are using the Excel which I shared along with the project. Else you have to just create Sheet2,Sheet3,Sheet4

Hi @Rahul_Unnikrishnan ,

Thanks for helping, now its working.

Regards,
Lakshmi

Glad to hear that… :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.