Extracting a data table and processing them as transactions

I’m currently at this portion of the advanced learning practice activity:

I’ve got my sequences invoked

I only had to import arguments for the System1LoginProcess and that is working.

I also removed everything listed below and confirmed that the data scraping and the extracting Structured Data is working.

I haven’t done the following part yet because I didn’t know how to fix the issues that were coming up saying “Cannot assign from type ‘UiPath.Core.QueueItem’ to type ‘System.Data.DataRow’ in Assign activity ‘End Process’.”

o The TransactionItem variable in the Main file should be of the System.Data.DataRow type, as we are extracting the entire table to process it one row at a time. You should also change the argument type in the GetTransactionData, Process and SetTransactionStatus workflows to match the TransactionItem type. o Remove the three SetTransactionStatus activities from the SetTransactionStatus workflow as we are not using the transaction functionality provided by Orchestrator.

I am having trouble with this part as well
For the System1_ExtractData workflow, I imported the arguments from the out_DataTablea argument to dt_WIs variable.

I’m not sure if the Variable type is correct for dt_WIs or WIList.

I have the assign activity:

I need some validation that I have the correct argument types so far and some guidance on this next piece:

I think I’m missing some knowledge in the array, index, and the data table argument variables department.

From the screenshots, WIList data type is incorrect.
Please change the data type to Array of DataRows.

and regarding the below problem,

“Cannot assign from type ‘UiPath.Core.QueueItem’ to type ‘System.Data.DataRow’ in Assign activity ‘End Process’.”
Please change the data type of TransactionItem from QueueItem to DataRow in all the required workflows (in the arguments too).

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

1 Like

I made this change.

“Cannot assign from type ‘UiPath.Core.QueueItem’ to type ‘System.Data.DataRow’ in Assign activity ‘End Process’.”
Please change the data type of TransactionItem from QueueItem to DataRow in all the required workflows (in the arguments too).

I believe I made this change to everything.
Just to confirm I change all of the following to DataRows?
TransactionItem
in_TransactionItem
out_TransactionItem

I’m in GetTransactionData:
And in my first Assign I have:
out_TransactionItem = in_WIList(in_TransactionNumber)
And in my second Assign I have:
out_TransactionItem = Nothing

Are those correct?

I wasn’t sure because I don’t understand this part of the instructions:

Also, when there are Transaction Items left to be processed, we need to set the Transaction ID to the value of the Work Item ID. The activities are already in place, so we only need to change the value of TransactionID in the Assign activity to “out_TransactionItem(“WIID”).ToString”

It says the activities are already in place, but where does this go?
I tried it in the out_Transactionitem value in the Then Assign activity and it said Invalid L value expression. I tried it in the out_Transaction value in the Else Assign activity and got the same error

Hi, for anyone getting this error “Cannot assign from type ‘UiPath.Core.QueueItem’ to type ‘System.Data.DataRow’ in assign activity” when assigning the TransactionItem variable to “Nothing”. just remove “Nothing” in the assign activity and retype it in and the error disappears. Not sure why this happens but it seem to happen only if changing the TransactionItem variable data type to datarow after the assign activity has been set. Hope this makes sense.

6 Likes

Fantastic! :facepunch:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.