Extract Structured Data 'table': Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component

How to resolve the issue with data scraping in 2018.4.4 Studio which states - HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component?

This error is generic, however activity name will get printed in error where issue is occurring. In this case issue occurs, while performing only the data scraping and other UiAutomations(click,get text etc) were working fine.

Troubleshooting Steps

• Upgrade the UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities to the latest version
  • Remove activity package that shares dependency with UiAutomation
If in case issue is happening  while performing all UiAutomations , then try below steps:
  • Restart the machine/server and check
  • Perform the aforementioned steps mentioned in first part
  • If issue still persists ,then try uninstalling and installing the .NET Framework to current supported version.

Hi,
I’m ussing the 20.4.3 Studio version with 20.4.3 UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities and I’ve that error. I’ve upgraded the package but there is a message who tells that the last UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities package needs at least the 20.10 Studio Version Package. I’ve tried with the lastest package version but i’ve the same error too. Do I need to upgrade the studio version?. Thanks!.

1 Like

Hello Jorge,

Thank you for consuming this Technical KB article and reaching out to us!

Please note that 20.4.3 is deprecated, with more details available : https://www.uipath.com/legal/trust-and-security/legal-support/product-lifecycle.

It is at your discretion to upgrade Studio, to the compatible versions.

Many thanks guy, I have fixed this problem when I use Table Extraction.