Expression Editor { BUG for Turkish language

whenever I try to write “{” in a expression editor or in a assign activity, I get this message:

21.4.4+Branch.master.Sha.a8b5101efe02651274064093e9c7410fedff7696

Sequence contains no matching element

Error: System.Exception: Sequence contains no matching element
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable1 source, Func2 predicate)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.ExpressionEditor.Completion.CustomCompletionListBox.TryToggleFilterButton(Int32 shortcutKey)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.ExpressionEditor.Completion.CustomCompletionListBox.CompletionSessionBehavior_PreviewKeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.ExpressionEditor.Completion.CompletionSessionBehavior.NotifyKeyDown(IEditorView view, KeyEventArgs e)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.ExpressionEditor.Completion.CustomVBCompletionProvider.NotifyKeyDown(IEditorView view, KeyEventArgs e)
at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.SyntaxEditor.Primitives.EditorView.ProcessKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.SyntaxEditor.Primitives.EditorView.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnKeyDownThunk(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.KeyEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawKeyboardActions actions, Int32 scanCode, Boolean isExtendedKey, Boolean isSystemKey, Int32 virtualKey)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.ProcessKeyAction(MSG& msg, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.CriticalTranslateAccelerator(MSG& msg, ModifierKeys modifiers)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.OnPreprocessMessage(Object param)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233079

This doesn’t really tell us anything. You need to show examples. If you take a screenshot (use Snipping Tool or Snip and Sketch) you can then paste the image directly into the reply box here.

Here is a screenshot

Any chance you could try this on a new, empty project and if it happens there as well, share that new blank project that reproduces the issue here?

Dear friends, I am grateful for the time you spend on this topic. I am thankful for your good deeds to help me . I try this action which is writing “{” into an expression editor in UiStudio on different computers. My friends also try this on their computers. There is a problem about that.

I have trouble reproducing this issue, it works as one would expect:

It might be caused by a corrupted Studio installation. Could you please check if a clean installation fixes this issue?
How to fix your Studio installation / Licensing issues

Otherwise, could you provide more information:

• your Studio version
  • your project dependencies

this software based problems usually occures due to the installation problems. As you offer I will re install the studio and try again. Thank you for your contribution.

I have this problem too. Whenever I put a [ or { inside the editor it returns this error, funny thing is most of the time it works perfectly fine. Now here is the funny part, I am probably using same language as Hüdayi too which is Turkish. Considering up until 3-4 months ago UiPath wouldn’t launch in Turkish region settings (I would literally change my region whenever I need to do something) I am assuming this is related to that too. Is there any way you can check this problem with different language and keyboard settings?

1 Like

Thank you for extra context @Yunus_Emre_Kaya1

Could you maybe let us know if you use any special key combination to input this character into the expression editor?

Could you also let us know what is your Studio version?

My studio version is 2021.4.4. In Turkish Q keyboard we use AltGr+7 to put a “{” and AltGr+8 to put a “[”. This error happens in both characters.

1 Like

Thank you for the extra context, we managed to reproduce the issue.

I can’t promise any specific deadlines, but I will update this topic when more information becomes available.

1 Like

Hello everybody,

I had similar issue, but trying to type “@” (AltGr + 2 in spanish keyboard) .I got the same message that the other users, with Uipath Studio throw Remote Desktop.
I cant fix it disabling the “Editor enhacements” function inside Setting Uipah.
Maybe this can help.

Best regards,

I have the same issue when typing { or @

My local laptop with English Windows Language and Belgian (Period) keyboard layout.
Any RDP session from this laptop also has the same issue.

The issue should be fixed in the recently released Community Preview 2021.10. Please give it a go :slight_smile:

1 Like