"Expression Activity type 'VisualBasicValue`1' requires compilation in order to run" after attempt to add new column in Excel file

Hi all,

My flow was running well till I added these three processes (to add a new column called Category in my Excel file), and now it hit error to run
I tried to re-type the double quotes but to no avail.
How do I resolve this?

Hi @tanisha.rajah ,

Could you let us know if you have tried re-typing all the Double Quotes ?

Also, We could simply try replicating the activities by adding new activities and configuring it with the same properties and then remove the older activities. (Do this only if the re-typing doesn’t work.)

@tanisha.rajah
welcome to the forum

this is always recommended.

A next observation we had in the past. On the failing part also delete and retype the correct statements.

Hi @supermanPunch ,

I tried both, unfortunately I’m still facing the same error

Hi @ppr

I did that, restarted UiPath but still the same

can you share the xaml and the project.json?

What is the error you’re getting at runtime?

Main.xaml (65.9 KB)
project.json (1.6 KB)

Here u go

Hi @Irene

Main Sequence: Expression Activity type ‘VisualBasicValue`1’ requires compilation in order to run. Please ensure that the workflow has been compiled.

I’m also not sure if this is caused by any recent updates to UiPath

please check the following:
the variable monthyear has a default value: today.ToString(“MMMyy”)
please retype the default value and ensure that the double quotes are of type: " and not inverted

2 Likes

OMG it worked!!thank you so much!!! Didn’t hit my mind it’s the " in the variable! thanks a lot

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.