Exporting Queue via Email

I wish to send periodic updates to my client about the status of their queue. Ideally, I wish to send them the export of the queue that is available on the ochestrator via email.

I can do this manually by pushing the blue button on the queue page on the orchestrator and sending them an email. Is there a way to automate this, either using a robot or directly from the orchestrator? How does one do that?

Thank you, as always.

Anybody?

I find it hard to believe that nobody else has the need to perform periodic queue reporting in an automated manner.

You can use orchestrator API here;
Endpoint:https://YourorchestratorURL/odata/QueueItems

https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/reference#retrieving-specific-transactions

2 Likes

Hello @anupamck

Welcome back to the community!!
Sorry for my late reply… However, as @Sourav_Anand suggested, you can try using the Orchestrator API to get the needed information. This will be much more better approach than going through the interface of the web page.

Thank you Sourav and Lahiru.

I’ve not done this before. Could you please provide an example workflow that does this?

I would be really grateful :slight_smile:

Thanks to some timely help from UiPath support, I was able to resolve this issue. I am documenting it here so that it may help other people looking for such a solution.

1. Open the swagger link for your respective orchestrator instance (usually has the following format - UiPath) .

2. Obtain your queue’s definition id. You can get this using the following steps:
    i Go to your orchestrator URL and open developer mode (Ctrl+Shift+I on Chrome)
    ii Open the queues page
    iii From the Network Panel, you should see all the required metadata that refers to the queue (Click on the Network Tab, push Ctrl + R and click on the Preview Tab)
    iv Note down the queue definition id from the list (refer to image below)

1. Get the required end point by entering your queue definition id in the swagger link

The end point is mentioned in the “Request URL” field.

1. Enter the Request URL in the “RelativeEndpoint” field of a Orchestrator HTTP Request activity, with GET as the method

jpg

When you execute the Orchestrator HTTP Request activity, you obtain the report as a string in the JSON Reponse. You can then save this file as a CSV file and then send this as an email for automated reporting.

5 Likes

An additional point here. The query above would give you a CSV report of ALL queues in your orchestrator instance.

In case you wish to filter the reports for a specific queue, in the end of your RelativeEndpoint URL, replace the brackets of "UiPathODataSvc.Reports with this string:

“?$filter=((QueueDefinitionId%20eq%20))”

E.g. If your specific queue’s definition ID is 13, the URL should look like:

“/odata/QueueDefinitions(13)/UiPathODataSvc.Reports?$filter=((QueueDefinitionId%20eq%13))”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.