Executor start process failed (CE Orchestrator and CE Studio)

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY RUN JOBS USING COMMUNITY EDITION ORCHESTRATOR AND COMMUNITY EDITION UIPATH STUDIO!!!

Hello…I am trying to use Orchestrator Community Edition (platform.uipath.com) to schedule a robot process (UiPath Studio Community Edition) on a very vanilla Windows Virtual Machine with no security whatsoever. The robot and orchestrator can communicate (as I see when robot is connected and disconnected). However I am unable to run ANY job whatsoever due to the error: Executor start process failed, reason System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.

I also had to create a Windows Scheduled Task just to start UiRobot (as a background process) because otherwise, it’s not running and thus will not communicate with Orchestrator. When started manually by launching UiRobot.exe via command line, I get an error message “Cannot act as user ROBOT. Make sure UiRobot is running as a service!”. There is no documentation that I can find on explicitly setting up UiPath Orchestrator Community Edition with a UiPath Community Edition robot-if you have first-hand knowledge, please share! :slight_smile:

I am an experienced technician so it’s nothing obvious.
MY QUESTION: What steps and configuration are necessary to get Orchestrator CE running an interactive session robot with UiPath Robot Community Edition? Again, please do not speculate: it would be most helpful for replies with first-hand knowledge!

Thanks!

FULL ERROR DETAILS
Executor start process failed, reason System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))\r\n at UiPath.UiSystemClass.OpenInteractiveWindowsSession(String bstrUser, String bstrPassword, UiOpenSessionFlags nFlags, String bstrApplication, String bstrAppArguments, Int32 nDelayMs, Int32 userToken, UiGenericOptions options)\r\n at UiPath.Core.Setup.OpenInteractiveWindowsSession(String username, String password, OpenSessionFlags flags, String application, String arguments, Int32 userToken, Int32 preferredWidth, Int32 preferredHeight, Int32 preferredDepth)\r\n at UiPath.Service.Impl.Executor.StartProcessInSession(Guid executorInstanceId, String username, String password, OpenSessionInfo sessionInfo, IntPtr userToken)\r\n at UiPath.Service.Impl.Executor.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()"

1 Like

hey hi,

did you get resolve the above issue as I am facing the same

Thanks