Execute Query Error: Undefined function 'convert' in expression

Hi, I am using an excel file as database.

“Execute Query” activity is throwing the following error.

ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] Undefined function ‘convert’ in expression.

Connection string - “Dsn=Excel Files;dbq=”+str_filePath+“;defaultdir=C:\FinalOutput;maxbuffersize=2048;pagetimeout=5”

Provider: “System.Data.Odbc”

Query: “Select top 100 [ABC], convert(datetime, [XYZ DATE], 101) from [Report$] where [ACCOUNT] like ‘%1200400%’ or [ACCOUNT] like ‘%1201800%’ or [ACCOUNT] like ‘%1202500%’ or [ACCOUNT] like ‘%1201100%’ or [ACCOUNT] like ‘%1152600%’ or [ACCOUNT] like ‘%1151900%’”

What am I missing here?

TIA.

Use the Read Range activity to read the Excel file into a datatable. Execute Query is used for running queries against a database, rather than reading from a file.

May i know Why you use Execute query for Excel ?

Hi, Actually there are over 500,000 records in the excel file. Hence I thought I’d use queries here. Besides, the file is of .xlsb extension.
Will read range activity be efficient here?

Thanks.

Read range will be slow if you have many columns. There is no local solution for this. If you need to speed up reading of the data, I recommend having a process set up agnostic of UiPath which loads the data to an SQL datatable and reading it from there.