Execute Oracle Database Query Error

Hi,

I’m executing a query on Oracle DB using execute Query activity. But I encountered an error while executing the sql statement. The slash symbol(/) is a must inside the sql statement. Can anyone suggest me a workaround on this. Thanks.

My error as below:

Execute Query: ORA-06550: line 13, column 1:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol “/” The symbol “/” was ignored.

hi @jenkim,

Welcome to the Uipath Community.

Here, For the Query you have mentioned - The editor is omitting the slash.

Below Post may be helpful.

Mukesh

1 Like

Based on my understanding from the post mentioned, need to put double the symbol.

In my case, do I need to put double slash so the editor won’t omit the slash?

Yes , Please try Once -I would say - Before passing the query into the Oracle - use a WriteLine to print the Query - and then manually execute the same in oracle - This way we will be able to see what Query is building up.

1 Like

What I did was read the query from a text file and pass it on the execute query activity.
This is the result after reading from the query which I have added double slash.

This is the result if I did not add double slash.

Do we really Need the slash ?

or the Query should terminate at end ; ?

How the actual Query should Look like ?

Mukesh

1 Like

Yes it is needed inside the query.

Forward Slash (/)

A forward slash is used to execute the SQL statement or PL/SQL block that is currently in the buffer.

So - When you use the step mentioned above - Uipath is Omitting the Slash Right ?

Mukesh

Correct. I have tried both ways it doesn’t work.

Can you please share me the Last part of the Query from the text file you are reading . I will ty to read it as it is in uipath .

Mukesh

This is the last part of the query:

commit;
end loop;
commit;
end;
/

hi @jenkim,

I have found the below article on the same issue. Please have a look

Mukesh

1 Like

Thank you so much @mukeshkala.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.